Hacking and data theft are quite common, and surprisingly so, they are always on the rise. Whether it’s advanced versions of malware or the deadly phishing scams, there are tips and tricks to strengthen the network system to avoid such online security threats. Based upon many types of research, cyber experts unanimously agree that it is the depth of defense that makes most of the difference when it comes to a security breach. Companies that adopt techniques that offer in-depth security strategies are the safest. Some of those techniques are listed below.
Steps To Improve System Administration
It is necessary to keep an eye on the inventory in order to ensure that nothing out of the system can creep in without your notice. Besides, everything on the web is a software and every software – be it a firewall or an anti-virus – contains bugs. Therefore, keep installing updates to patch up the loopholes before they can be exploited by unethical hackers.
Steps To Improve Network Security
Network security is an essential means to ensure that all the systems and IoT devices are well protected. The following techniques are the most relevant when it comes to network security.
- All the IoT devices should be placed behind antivirus and firewall.
- The backdoor password of all IoT devices should be very strong.
- Adopt network segmentation in order to make sure that all the company’s information is not dumped in one place.
- Do not use open internet networks at airports or railway stations.
- Try using a VPN whenever possible for safe internet access.
- Timely run network and software testing scan to debug the network.
Steps To Improve User Security
It is the security of the end-users that makes the most difference when it comes to the growth and expansion of a company. Therefore, protecting their personal data is of utmost importance. The following steps are quite useful.
- Always release timely updates for the customers after patching up the series of bugs whenever identified.
- Secure user information in encrypted files only.
- Use network segmentation to store only bits and pieces of information.
Also, it is up to the users to save their personal data in the following ways from getting hacked.
- Never use the default password for any IoT device that you use.
- Always use different passwords for securing different social media accounts.